We have lots of clients looking to add a connecting wood beam to their table legs which is why we now offer our X Squared table legs! Each leg is equipped with a square center built to slide your wood beam through and secure in place, creating a sturdy solid base. Fabricated from 1.5"x3" rectangular tubing, these legs are strong enough to support very heavy slabs. Our standard legs are built with a 4"x4" interior dimension square center, which means they will fit a true 4"x4" square beam. We offer custom sizing on the square center so please contact us if you require a different center size.
The fine details:
• Heavy duty 1.5"x3" rectangular tubing
• Center square is 4"x4" INTERIOR dimension so will fit a true 4"x4" square beam (please contact us if you require a different interior dimension)
• Top mounting 1/4" x 5" flat bar plate comes equipped with predrilled 3/8" mounting holes
• Mounting hole in the base of each square to secure wood in place
• Price includes 2 legs
Please note: Due to the heavy weight and large size of our 1.5"x3" tubing legs the pricing is higher than our 2" tubing legs. This is due to added material costs, additional weld and handling time as well as increased shipping fees required to ship each leg individually to prevent damages.
How to Order:
1) Choose your leg height - Standard dining table height is around 30" finished overall height (wood top + metal legs). If your table top is 1.5"-3" thick, a 28" base will work well. If you require a slightly shorter or taller leg, send us a message and we would be happy to adjust the sizing.
We also offer our legs in a coffee table/bench height of 16.5". Again, if you require your coffee table or bench a bit shorter or taller, let us know. We may need to adjust the tubing size to accommodate smaller leg sizes.
2) Choose your leg width - We typically suggest that your wood top overhangs the legs by around 3-5" per side for a total of 6-10" overall overhang. For example, if your top is 38" wide, choose a leg width of between 28-32" wide. If you require a wider or narrower leg than what is offered in the listing give us a shout!
3) Choose your finish - We offer our legs in either a matte black powder coat, clear coat finish or a raw steel finish.
Powder Coat Matte Black:
Having your legs powder coated will not only provide a colour but protect your legs from rusting over time. Our most popular colour is matte black so this is our go-to colour option. We do however offer other colours for an additional fee, so if you have something else in mind feel free to send us a custom request.
Our clear coat finish provides a more rustic, industrial look and shows all details (including grinding marks and imperfections) of the raw metal. We suggest this option if you want the look of raw steel but want to protect your legs from rusting.
If you would prefer to paint the legs yourself or leave them entirely raw, select our raw steel option. Raw steel does not have any protective coating on it so it will rust over time. If you choose the raw steel option, we highly suggest finishing the legs at home with a 2-in-1 paint and primer for metal like Rust-Oleum or a Rust-Oleum clear coat. For a more environmentally-friendly option you can prevent rusting by applying a light coat of beeswax to your legs.
We offer free shipping within Canada and the United States (excluding Hawaii and Alaska). Delivery to most locations in Canada is 1-5 business days, and 3-10 business days in the US. Please note this applies only to shipping time. Current production lead times are indicated in each listing. All orders are provided with a tracking number once they have been shipped. Orders to Hawaii and Alaska are subject to an additional surcharge - please inquire prior to purchasing.
Looking for something similar but a little different? No problem. We would be happy to make adjustments to match your design! Send us a message through our "Design-Your-Own" page!
All of our legs are handmade just for you! Because our legs are made without any automated machining, slight variances of height and widths can be expected of up to 1/8".
Questions? We know this is a lot of information to take in so feel free to contact us with any questions you may still have!