The H-Frame metal table leg is a classic leg option that looks good just about anywhere. This tried and tested style is sturdy and visually appealing making it a highly popular option for all types of tables throughout the years.
The Fine Details:
• Made from sturdy 2" square tubing with a top mounting 1/4" x 4" flat bar plate
• Available in a variety of sizes (we offer custom sizes - just ask if you have a different size in mind!)
• Top mounting flat bar comes equipped with predrilled 1/4" holes to fit size 10 wood screws
• Price includes 2 legs
**wood screws not included**
How to Order:
1) Choose your leg height - Standard dining table height is around 30" finished overall height (wood top + metal legs). If your table top is 1.5"-3" thick, a 28" base will work well. If you require a slightly shorter or taller leg, send us a message and we would be happy to adjust the sizing.
We also offer our legs in a coffee table/bench height of 16.5". Again, if you require your coffee table or bench a bit shorter or taller, let us know.
2) Choose your leg width - We typically suggest that your wood top overhangs the legs by around 3-5" per side for a total of 6-10" overall overhang. For example, if your top is 38" wide, choose a leg width of between 28-32" wide. If you require a wider or narrower leg than what is offered in the listing give us a shout!
3) Choose your finish - We offer our legs in either a matte black powder coat, clear coat finish or a raw steel finish.
Matte black powder coat:
Having your powder coated will not only provide a colour but protect your legs from rusting over time. Our most popular colour is matte black so this is our go-to colour option. We do however offer other colours for an additional fee, so if you have something else in mind feel free to send us a custom request.
Our clear coat finish provides a more rustic, industrial look and shows all details (including grinding marks and imperfections) of the raw metal. We suggest this option if you want the look of raw steel but want to protect your legs from rusting.
If you would prefer to paint the legs yourself or leave them entirely raw, select our raw steel option. Raw steel does not have any protective coating on it so it will rust over time. If you choose the raw steel option, we highly suggest finishing the legs at home with a 2-in-1 paint and primer for metal like Rust-Oleum or a Rust-Oleum clear coat. For a more environmentally-friendly option you can prevent rusting by applying a light coat of beeswax to your legs.
Looking for something similar but a little different? No problem. We would be happy to make adjustments to match your design! Send a message to Barry at blackandsmithironworks [!at] gmail.com
We offer free shipping within Canada! Delivery to most locations is 1-5 business days. Please note this applies only to shipping time. Please refer to homepage banner for current production lead time. All orders are provided with a tracking number once they have been shipped.
All of our legs are handmade just for you! Because our legs are made without any automated machining, slight variances of height and widths can be expected of up to 1/8".
Questions? We know this is a lot of information to take in so feel free to contact us with any questions you may still have!