If your looking for something eye catching and unique, these legs are exactly what you were looking for! Our Diamond table legs are made using heavy duty 2"x3" rectangular tubing and are strong enough to support the heaviest of tops. The top mounting plate can be made extending the full width of the leg (recommended) or as individual mounting plates as shown in the photos (this style of mounting plate is only recommended if you are trying to avoid an epoxy center).
The fine details:
• Heavy duty 2"x3" rectangular tubing with a 1"x3" base
• Top mounting 1/4" x 5" flat bar plate comes equipped with predrilled 3/8" mounting holes
• Price includes 2 legs
Please note: Due to the heavy weight and large size of our 2"x3" tubing legs the pricing is higher than our 2" tubing legs. This is due to added material costs, additional weld and handling time as well as increased shipping fees required to ship each leg individually to prevent damages.
How to Order:
1) Choose your leg height - Standard dining table height is around 30" finished overall height (wood top + metal legs). If your table top is 1.5"-3" thick, a 28" base will work well. If you require a slightly shorter or taller leg, send us a message and we would be happy to adjust the sizing.
We also offer our legs in a coffee table/bench height of 16.5". Again, if you require your coffee table or bench a bit shorter or taller, let us know. We may need to adjust the tubing size to accommodate smaller leg sizes.
2) Choose your leg width - We typically suggest that your wood top overhangs the legs by around 3-5" per side for a total of 6-10" overall overhang. For example, if your top is 38" wide, choose a leg width of between 28-32" wide. If you require a wider or narrower leg than what is offered in the listing give us a shout!
3) Choose your finish - We offer our legs in either a matte black powder coat, clear coat finish or a raw steel finish.
Powder Coat Matte Black:
Having your legs powder coated will not only provide a colour but protect your legs from rusting over time. Our most popular colour is matte black so this is our go-to colour option. We do however offer other colours for an additional fee, so if you have something else in mind feel free to send us a custom request.
Our clear coat finish provides a more rustic, industrial look and shows all details (including grinding marks and imperfections) of the raw metal. We suggest this option if you want the look of raw steel but want to protect your legs from rusting.
If you would prefer to paint the legs yourself or leave them entirely raw, select our raw steel option. Raw steel does not have any protective coating on it so it will rust over time. If you choose the raw steel option, we highly suggest finishing the legs at home with a 2-in-1 paint and primer for metal like Rust-Oleum or a Rust-Oleum clear coat. For a more environmentally-friendly option you can prevent rusting by applying a light coat of beeswax to your legs.
Looking for something similar but a little different? No problem. We would be happy to make adjustments to match your design! Send a message to Barry at blackandsmithironworks [!at] gmail.com
We offer free shipping within Canada and shipping for a fee to the continental US. Delivery to most locations in Canada is 1-5 business days, and 3-10 business days in the US. Please note this applies only to shipping time. Current production lead times are indicated in the top banner of our website. All orders are provided with a tracking number once they have been shipped. Orders to Hawaii and Alaska are subject to an additional surcharge - please inquire prior to purchasing.
All of our legs are handmade just for you! Because our legs are made without any automated machining, slight variances of height and widths can be expected of up to 1/8".
Questions? We know this is a lot of information to take in so feel free to contact us with any questions you may still have!